I was given the job to create a music video for Flo Rida Good Feeling. I have looked at his previous videos to check out the conventions of the videos, the type of video Flo Rida likes, and what he wants his audience to like and feel involved. I saw that lots of videos have either a relationship between the lyrics and visuals or the music and visuals. I have looked at the camera work used in this genre of music by other artist such as Labrinth, ive seen that his videos seem to include the same conventions, such as expensive clothing, posh cars, flash women who are wearing minimal clothing. I have found that David Guetta's Sexy Chick video is very similar to the previous Flo Rida videos, girls are included in the videos, mainly wearing minimal clothing, and also the use of swimming pools is frequent throughout the videos. The final part of the research that i did was presenting my moodboard, treatment, and general ideas that i had towards a focus group, just to see what general members of the public would think towards my music video and the elements included. This came in handy as it allowed me too see if the video would appeal to a wide range of audience, and if the video was going to reach potential new audiences. When i looked at Flo Rida's previous videos, i saw that they werent really narrative based, the videos didnt really relate to the lyrics however this didnt deter any new potential customers, i decided to keep this convention as i wanted the video to be similar to previous ones but not too similar.
No comments:
Post a Comment